Saturday, July 08, 2006

The World Cup

It’s the weekend and the country here in France is en fête for the World Cup so no work is getting done – that’s also my excuse. Actually, I’m not too much of a fan of soccer – I prefer Rugby where the players are not all graduates of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and where a broken collar-bone is no excuse for leaving the field.

Really, it’s pure jealousy for the obscene amounts of money the players get for displaying some pretty useless skills. Useless in the way of benefiting society in any way, I mean – it’s not often in life that kicking a ball becomes of much value to you, or to anyone else for that matter.

Anyway, enough of the grouchiness which is largely occasioned by the fact that my able assistant has been obsessed with the matches for the past couple of weeks, leading to a drastic decline in production! Hopefully it will be all over by Monday and normal service can be resumed.

Just a few E-Mails to respond to and I’m off for the weekend. See you all on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home